top 5′s of all time – impressions of these games were made generally when they were released, so I’ve tried take that into account as best I can recall.
the Final Fantasy series games originally Square, and now Square-Enix (Squeenix) are loved by me immensely.
- “How ’bout a little magitek mayhem?” -Kefka
- “Uwee hee hee! Don’t tease the octopus, kids!” -Ultros
- “Mr. Thou! Mr. Thou!” -Gau
- “In this world there are many like me who have killed their emotions. Don’t forget that.” -Shadow
2.) FF VII - “My mother is Jenova. She died right after she gave birth to me. My father… ha ha ha…” -Sephiroth
3.) FF X – “Outside the dream world, life can be harsh–even cruel, but it is life.” -Auron
4.) FF IX
5.) FF XI
FF XII is fastly moving up this list though I will not place it until I finish it. I expect it to end up between 3 and 7… I doubt anything will topple the effect FF III had on me the first time I played through it, but it is too soon to call!
* Dragon Warrior 1 (2 and 3), Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross deserve honorable mentions (at the very least) while I am on the topic of Squeenix.
Blizzard (North) games:
2.) Starcraft (Brood war)
3.) Diablo I
4.) Warcraft 2
5.) Warcraft 1
this one was tough. I was obsessed with these games and owe a great deal of my years (15-25) engrossed in these extremely addictive games. WoW and D2 tied, though this may change with additional forthought. each are cause of a significant portion of joy and depression (time laden.)
WC1 outed WC3 because of the time I was in it. it was the first computer game I could really play, at school mind you, as a TA long before I had a PC of my own capable of … well, anything fun.
this list inspired by my buddy abram who’s put up his:
“My most memorable video games.”